My husband and I registered with Bed, Bath and Beyond for our wedding. We received a duplicate gift because someone didn't state they were buying from a gift registery.

We returned the duplicate item and received a store credit, but they took a restocking fee from our total. I can understand a restocking fee, but that should be waived if the item being returned was a gift. And especially since we registered with their store, basically telling everyone to shop there! When I told the store clerk about my disappointment, he didn't seem like he cared.

It was a nice cutlery set, so its not like they wont sell it.

Maybe we should get a commission on it once they sell it then!!! VERY DISAPPOINTED CONSUMER!!!

Reason of review: Return Policy.

I didn't like: Customer service, Return policy.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Oct 23, 2015.

Comments

It was not a restocking fee, if the company cannot verify form of payment then they have to assume that the merchandise was bought with a 20% off coupon. Because to many customers abuse the return the process, returning merchandise without the receipt when they did use a coupon in order to manipulate the system to get a bigger store credit is why that practice is in place.

It's a business , and to remain a successful business it must control abuse.