Davidson, North Carolina

I have been sneezing my head off for over 24 hours after visiting a mall.I simply hurried past the BB&B store as quickly as possible while holding my breath because I know I am allergic to their products.

The whole hallway absolutely reeked of their stench for the width of two stores on either side of them. Their scented products should be sealed in a container, not spreading their awful smell all over the hallways of malls. Anyway I was unable to hold my breath that long and now I am sick. My head hurts, my sinus passages hurt and itch and I am having sneezing fits.

I pity the people who have to work near that store. I don't think it is fair for one small store to ruin an entire mall. I don't go to malls often and avoid the areas where the store is, but this time I had to cross in front. Even though I went to the other side of the hallway, the stench was still there.

If a store spread their merchandise all over the hallways and in front of other stores, they'd be told to move their stuff, but since it is a smell? Yet people are not allowed to smoke in the mall because of allergies. Well I am personally not allergic to cigarettes, but Bed Bath and Beyond kills me. I know I am not the only one.

Is there any way to force this store to keep their stench inside their awful store and not let it out where people who don't want to breathe that revolting allergy causing stench can avoid it?Why does this store have a right to stink up common areas?

This reviewer shared experience and wants this business to "keep the smell out of mall hallways please". The author is overall dissatisfied with Bed Bath And Beyond. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Bed Bath And Beyond.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Furniture and Decor category for more informed decision or compare Bed Bath And Beyond to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Bed Bath And Beyond?

Comments

Chicago, Illinois, United States #1273996

BED BATH AND BEYOND OR BBB SELLS FURNITURE AND HOME PRODUCTS, BATH AND BODY WORKS SELLS BODY LOTION AND PERFUME, BERFORE YOU BEGIN TO SLANDER A COMPANY MAYBE LEARN WHICH COMPANY IT IS YOU ARE SLANDERING MA'AM

South Windsor, Connecticut, United States #1233773

I came home with 2 storage containers today from BB&B, and when I went to use them, I realized that they were giving off a severely strong perfume smell that I could not stand, which was stinking up half of the house.I lost many hours, rolls of paper towels, soaked my shoes and mat, arms covered with rash, etc., trying to wash out that horrendous STINK.

Even if it does air out, I don't think that I will want to put my clothes in the containers - keeping my clothes protected from things that irritate my skin was the whole reason why I bought the containers. This is the real irritating kind of perfume smell, which turns into a very skin irritating soap-ish when you try to rinse if off. This is most likely another in-the-trash. I had to throw away the receipt, as it STUNK also, and I don't want to go back there, anyway.

Apparently they feel as though they have to spray everything in the store with this horrendous, pungent, UGHH - for no reason at all.

Well, as a consumer, I wish they would not sell anything if they are going to cover it with stink, and waste my time - when I would have been looking elsewhere for the product that is USEABLE.

The reason people aren't allowed to smoke is not allergies...it's second hand smoke and the resulting possibility of lung damage and cancer.

BBB scents, however strong and sweet, are not carcinogenic. No, there is nothing you can do about disliking the smell. You can go into a department store and complain about the smell of fragrances at the perfume counters, or you can go into the food court and complain about the overwhelming smell from a bakery, but these smells are not hazardous to anyone's health, so you are wasting your time. If you have allergies, I'm afraid it is your lifestyle that needs to be altered- not the products sold by a store.

You'll just have to stay away from the store.

I agree with you completely, I worked there for many years and many of their products , including sheets are doused with formaldehyde so the rodents don't chew them from overseas just to name a few .Touching these products with bare hands can lead to a reaction to some people.

Whats acceptable to many still doesn't make it right .In my opinion this is where people get sick even cancer but why bother this only helps the medical profession and charities !

Are you sure you don't mean Bath and BodyWorks?

Making a store keep the smell inside is against physics.How are scents allergy inducing, they do not contain spores, pollen's, dander, etc.

That's scent sensitivity. Have you never walked past a Yankee Candle, or Bath & Body works?

Seal off all stores, fragrances not permitted here.Are you an ***?